Connect with us

Local News

Several kids became ill after a pool chemical incident at a hotel in Fargo



Fargo, North Dakota – After a hotel’s dangerous pool chemical accident, several kids became unwell.

Around 9:30 p.m. on Sunday, May 28, the Fargo Fire Department reports that it received a call to the La Quinta Inn & Suites on 46th St. S.

The initial call stated that a chlorine spill had sickened numerous kids.

Several individuals were reportedly standing outside when crews arrived when firefighters rushed inside to assess the magnitude of the spill. Authorities discovered the substance was a mixture of acids used to preserve the pool’s water quality. At this point, according to the authorities, it seems as though a worker dropped a container of the acid while maintaining the pool, causing a toxic cloud.

According to officials, eight to ten kids showed signs of the spill-related illness, including coughing, nausea, vomiting, and inflamed airways. One individual with minor injuries was taken by ambulance.

In around one and a half hours, ventilation was built up and the area was cleaned. The only area that was impacted during this period was the pool area, which will remain closed until the water can be tested.

Less than two gallons of the chemical were discharged overall, according to authorities.