Fargo, North Dakota – As Labor Day is already here and many will celebrate it with their friends or relatives by the lake or in your yards, authorities are reminding us to take care of the environment.
They provided safety tips to follow over the Labor Day weekend.
- Make a grilling area in a no-kid zone, that is both safe and well-ventilated.
- Keep the grill away from highly flammable materials as well as your homes.
- Do not check for leaks with a match.
- Do not light the grill with gasoline, debris pile or bonfire.
- When using lighter fluid, be careful not to add it to a fire that has already been started, as the flames may flashback into the container and explode.
- Soak hot coals with water when disposing.