Connect with us

Local News

The BCI investigation report from North Dakota describes Barakat’s movements before to the incident on July 14



Fargo, North Dakota – The results of the investigation into the shooting incident involving Fargo Police Officer Jake Wallin, the death of the shooting suspect Mohammed Barakat, and the injuries suffered by Fargo Police Officers Tyler Hawes and Andrew Dotas as well as Karlee Koswick were made public by the North Dakota Bureau of Criminal Investigation (NDBCI) on Thursday.

Among the information made public was a thorough chronology of Barakat’s movements the day before and in the hours preceding the horrific attack on July 14.

The NDBCI report starts on July 13 at 8:53 p.m., when footage from the cameras revealed a tactical vest on the ground. After going to the bedroom, Barakat was seen checking the door to his flat nearly two hours later while holding his cell phone and revolver. A short while afterward, Barakat is observed putting together a shotgun with a short barrel.

On July 14, just after midnight, he is spotted holding a Quran.

At 9:32 a.m., over nine hours later, Barakat is seen carrying a short-barreled rifle and an AK-47. He took a bag four minutes later, and a few minutes after that, he was spotted holding a little weapon.

At 10:16 a.m., Barakat packs up the rifle case, luggage, and additional bag and leaves his apartment. After that, he uses a strap to fasten the door. After he packs the guns into the garage and drives his car inside, the door to the garage closes after three minutes.

After spending 21 minutes at the Casselton Gun Range after driving through Fargo, he goes shopping in Casselton at 10:48 a.m. Barakat returns to the Fargo apartment garage shortly before noon.

When Barakat returns to the garage at 12:09 p.m., he has driven around town for about ten minutes. During that time, he speaks with a woman for over thirty minutes; she has subsequently been recognized and questioned by the FBI.

He makes two more trips back to the apartment before departing for the last time at 2:31 p.m., which is exactly 11 minutes before the collision occurs close to the intersection of 9th Avenue and 25th Street.

He arrives in the vicinity of the collision at 2:53 p.m., twelve minutes prior to Fargo Police Officer Zachary Robinson’s report of gunfire.

Around 3:04 p.m., Barakat starts shooting. After three minutes, Robinson defeated the accused.